Jacob Barron Scripps Memorial Hospital Mothers of Twins Club Foundation supports Memorial Hospital in its commitment to meet the health needs of the Jacob Barron and surrounding communities by serving with our community partners in the provision of accessible, comprehensive, compassionate and quality healthcare.
Welcome and Congratulations!
You have just embarked upon a journey that will be wonder-filled and challenging…parenting twins! We are grateful to Lanie Carter for recognizing the need for this club. It was started with her help in 1981.
Our club has three main purposes:
Support for the parents of twins;
Education regarding raising and understanding twins; and
Socializing to meet other parents of twins
Members gain access to our online community which features discussion forums, our own buy/sell/trade board, referrals to services, and more. Members also receive our monthly club newsletter, a bi-monthly national newsletter from our parent organization (the National Organization of Mothers of Twins Clubs), the ability to sell items at our annual garage sale, and privileges to borrow items from our club library.
We plan for exciting and interesting speakers at our Monthly Meetings held the second Monday of each month at 7:00pm at the Scripps Mended Well Being Center at University Towne Center (UTC). Upcoming speakers and event information can be found on our events page.
We also have a Big Sister program which pairs you with another member in our club who would be available to help you on a “one on one” basis through your pregnancy and first years with your new babies. We find this program to be very helpful to new members.
It is our hope that you will make friends and enjoy your membership as much as we enjoy having you. We look forward to seeing you soon!
- “Kids & Media: A Media Literacy Workshop for Parents” with Susannah Stern, Ph.D. and Dr. Kristin Moran, Associate Professors, University of San Diego
- A Night with a Pediatrician of Twins – Dr. Elena Fishman, of Children’s Primary Group
- Baby Signing with Cassandra Underwood of County Speech
- Dental Health with Dr. Mary O’Connor
- “I Don’t Know How She Does It”: A panel discussion of mothers of twins who work at home & outside the home
- Redirecting Children’s Behavior: A Positive Approach to Parenting
- Getting Fit for Life/Getting Started Right by Patty Kimbrell, M. Ed.
- Sleep Solutions with Davis Ehrler
- Couples Night Out: “The Love Course” with Nonie Levi, MFT
- Children’s Health in Harmony – Naturally with Dr. Jon Dunn, Naturopathic Physician
- Eating Healthy: Raising Healthy Kids in a Fast Food World with Kristen Reinhardt
- Potty Training with Lori Rappaport
- Raising the Spirited Child with Jackie Hartman
- Kindergarten Readiness, Lorri Bauer
- Infant & Toddler Massage Lisa Crouch, Certified Infant Massage Instructor
- Lisa Murphy “The Ooey Gooey Lady”
- Childhood Nutrition, Christine Wood
National Organization of Mothers of Twins Clubs, Inc.
San Diego Parents of Twins Club
Parents of Multiples Club
Happy Birthday little fella! Welcome to our family. A big brother awaits you with open arms. You’re loved more than words can say. Now that you’ve blessed us a few weeks early, we all know you like to throw surprises at mommy @tlreid. Bring it on! #lifeoflandonreid #happybirthday #scrippsmemorialhospital #youreingreathands #wegotthis #sleepisoverrated